(Slide show generated by Flicker Slideshow Generator. If you have trouble viewing this show try: http://bit.ly/fDh94d)
The trip here is always long but well worth it. Here is Dean's synopsis of our travels...
- Got on the road 45 minutes late.
- We were dropped off at O'Hare's international terminal 5. After our ride left we realized that Lufthansa flies out of Terminal 1.
- Our flight was delayed 1 hour leaving because of the plane getting there late.
- Morgan was the only one to sleep on the plane.
- We arrived in Dusseldorf 1 hour late, but were stuck on the plane an extra 30 minutes because the jetway was frozen.
- We had to go through a second security check in Dusseldorf that we didn't know about. Of course, we had water bottles from the airplane and nowhere to dump the water. Lauren found a trashcan, which irritated the security guard a bit.
- We got to our connection just as they started boarding, but we're delayed 45 minutes because of a problem with the plane's computer.
The girls managed to find enough energy to go ice skating. Skates here are all rentals. You pay at a kiosk, get a ticket with your "ice time" on it and when it is your turn to skate for an hour they give you the skates and a special plastic disposable sock to put on. A bit different from what we are used to in the states.
While the girls were skating MaLuz and I did a little grocery shopping and got a few items to start filling our flat.
I don't know how we would have ever done it without all the help we have received from friends and my exchange family. We will be forever grateful for all they have done for us.