Friday, January 3, 2014

Warmth of the sun


It's hard to believe that in just 24 hours it will be 90° colder than the weather in Sámara. Our two week adventure is coming to an end. Thanks to all of you who have been following along as the audience is what makes it worth finding wifi and trying to keep this going. 

Our final adventure was mostly just relaxing at the beach and pool. Dean went for his first and only run of the trip while the girls and I took a really awesome horseback ride with our friendly guide, Luis. It was just us and we hit the beach and the mountain top for some great views. We also saw a monkey family along the way. We really enjoyed the ride and interestingly enough, Luis managed to pick horses to match our personalities. Maia road Negro who didn't particularly like Blanco who I rode and who led the pack. Morgan road Pinta who was basically content with whatever. Luis took up the rear with his horse Pedro. There were a couple of times that Negro tried to take a bite out of Blanco who bucked but nobody was thrown. Maia and I have ridden enough that I wasn't too worried and she did fine. They also took off in a full on cantor at one point as if to race each other. It was nice to get a chance to ride at full speed again as it had been years for me and was a relatively new experience for Maia. Morgan trotted along happily with only a short cantor for her first time. Our final pictures are highlights along the way. I have to say horseback riding and ziplining with Maia were really highlights of my time in Costa Rica. These are a couple of those mother-daughter moments that remind me how lucky I am to have my girls and such great opportunities to share with them. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment